HONESTY means to be fair and straight forward in conduct or strict adherence to the facts. It further means to be truthful in all aspects of life. It involves not to tell lies, never hurt anyone through bad habits, activities or behavior. Honesty makes a person free of all troubles and to be fearless.
Being honest helps a person to get trust of all in the surrounding, a lot of happiness, blessings from Supreme Power, and many more things. Honest person never gets involved in the activities that are morally wrong.
Being honest is really very beneficial in the real life. It is not a thing which one can buy or sell; it is a good habit which can be obtained through practice only.
Honesty leads a person towards an auspicious path which gives real happiness and joy. A person can be honest only when he/she follows honesty in various aspects of life, such as honest in speaking, honest in work place, honest in doing justice, honest in behavior, and in all other activities.
Following are the points proving the fact that how honesty benefits a person.
1. Honesty is a good habit which a person must acquire to get several benefits in life such as good health and happiness. Being honest makes mind free from worries, tension and stress of being caught for the act of dishonesty. In this way, it keeps away from stressful life and several diseases like high blood pressure, fatigue, weakness, weak immune system, diabetes, etc.,
2. It helps in maintaining peace of mind. Honesty motivates a person to live without fear and free from all the problems.
3. Honesty develops positive attitudes to take better decisions and improve qualify of life.
Honest people are really loved, trusted, respected and cared in the society and also by family members. Their personal working and corporate relationships become strong and trust worthy.
4. Being honest promotes good will and positive energy in the body and mind.
Honesty helps to make better place in the people's heart, family, society and Nation. It helps to make strong interpersonal relationship with positive people.
5. It removes all the negativity from mind by improving mental health. Honest people easily attract and influence others towards them. It brings transparency in the life, awakens real powers and talent of a person. An honest person easily realises his divine purpose of life and achieves salvation.
Integrity is the practice of being honest and showing a fair and strict adherence to strong moral principles and values. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty. A honest person is known for his truthfulness or accuracy in his actions.
Ramayana one of India's greatest epics, teaches us the lesson of integrity through Lord Rama. Rama's integrity is seen by his strong will to regard his father's vows given to his step mother and thereby protected the good name of his ancestors. In other words he was rewarded as Maryada Purushothama, for possessing Honesty in all aspects in his clan viz., Ikshvaku. He not only happily gave up the kingdom to which he is having a right to hold, but also held no disappointment or grudge towards his step mother Kaikeyi or his step brother Bharat.
A honest person may occasionally slip and struggle with his senses for the happenings in the life's battle, but with our strong will, we have to fight these daily battles and our aspiration to live by these noble ideals that determines our integrity. This commitment attracts the Lord's grace, a power beyond our senses, to profusely bless us in our travel towards HIM (Ultimate)
A little story on honesty:-
Once there lived a poor wood cutter. He used to cut tress in the woods and live with his family by selling the same. One day he was cutting wood on the bank of a river. His Axe fell down into the river. The river was deep. He could not take his Axe out, though he tried his level best. He sat on the bank of the river and began to weep.
Mercury, the God of water appeared before him and asked the reason of his weeping. The woodcutter told the whole story. Mercury dived into the water and brought a golden Axe and asked him to take it. . The woodcutter refused to take it on the ground that it is not the Axe he lost. Mercury again dived and brought a silver Axe. This time also the woodcutter refused to take it either. Then Mercury brought an iron Axe from the river. The woodcutter took it gladly. Mercury was very much pleased for the woodcutter's Honesty. . He rewarded the woodcutter with the other two Axes also.
Moral: Honesty is the best policy.
Courtesy: Ms.Ishita Kaushik, MBA, NOIDA,U.P